- Designed wireless ambulatory health monitoring systems.
- Designed electronic hardware and firmware for a class III medical device used to interrogate passive in vivo sensors. This effort included working closely with customer's in-house engineers. A novel signal processing algorithm was developed and has resulted in one patent application to date.
- Designed an obstructive sleep apnea screening device based on MEMS pressure sensor technology. Worked closely with customer through clinical trials and 510k application.
- Developed functional test procedure for battery charger used with 24V portable medical power supply.
- Redesigned transdermal electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) device used to treat soft tissue injuries and reduced unit manufacturing cost by 50%.
- Designed functional test software for manufacturing of in-building cellular repeater.
- Designed down-tilt controls for tower mounted cellular antennas. This effort included design of hardware, firmware, and functional test software for manufacturing.
- Led a systems engineering group to define DWDM switch and control plane architecture for a fiber optic switch. Contributed to product feature descriptions and requirements for DWDM products. Designed PowerPC based Optical Board Controller (OBC), a cut and paste design component used on numerous boards in the system.
- Designed the RASID interface (electronic hardware, embedded real-time software and packaging), a PC peripheral used for industrial automation. This peripherals design is based on a 16-bit DSP (TMS320LF2407) with 16 analog inputs 2 analog outputs, 41 digital I/O, serial I/O (RS-422) and a USB interface to the PC.
- Interface electronics and machine vision algorithms for a six degree-of-freedom robot used to visually inspect surface finish quality of automotive parts coming off of a paint line.
- Designed electronic hardware, firmware and user interface software for fatigue testing of high reliability cable/connector assemblies sold to the military.
- Designed a device used by law enforcement to survey accident sites. This device provides an instrumented gimbal mount with a laser range-finder. User interface and data storage is provided via a handheld computer. Archived data includes azimuth and elevation angles (with resolution of 0.01 degrees), range and electronic compass reading.
- Designed electronic control module based on Freescale DSP MC56F8366. This is a PC/104 card that provides extensive DSP co-processing and I/O interface capabilities.
- Designed controls for prototype of automated gantry system for flat-screen video mount.
- Designed instrumentation and control for flexible robot arm.
- Provided engineering and design support for office automation products developed by Unicoil, Inc. enhancing the products and their production One utility patent resulted from these efforts (Pat. No. 6,042,320)
- Designed the LBM interface (electronic hardware, embedded real-time software and packaging), a PC peripheral used in "hands on" math and science education. This peripheral’s design is based on a 32-bit microprocessor (MC68332) and it has analog I/O, digital I/O and an RS-232 interface to the PC.
- Provided engineering support to Science Museum of Minnesota
- Provided engineering support to TERC, a nationally recognized R&D leader in Math and Science education
- Designed hardware for embedded PC based inertial navigation system integrating GPS, MEMS based accelerometers/gyros and more for civil aviation.
- Developed mathematical model/analysis of flight data for Sikorsky UH-60 helicopter.
- Developed mathematical model/analysis of flight data/control design for McDonnell Douglas AH-64 helicopter.
- Developed dynamic model of six-degree-of-freedom ARES II rotor test stand for NASA LaRC.
- Developed novel Graphite/Epoxy/Polymer composite material with improved damping characteristics to minimize acoustic and vibration transmission.
- Developed vibratory shaker for NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC).
- Initiated study to reduce drag using feedback control stabilization of flow stagnation point.